Strategic Plan 2020
Our Strategic Plan 2020
The Strategic Plan 2020 of Sri Ram Goburdhun Charitable Trust flagship program – Project WHY, is an outcome of a series of discussions and learnings from our past 16 years’ journey, and the supportive guidance from our well-wishers, supporters and volunteers.This Strategic plan is Sri Ram Goburdhun Charitable Trust – Project WHY’s field program’s road map, of its journey till 2020, of strengthening the old and embarking on some new initiatives.
Project WHY programs are built on the premise that everyone has a right to be educated and with support can transform their lives for the better. For the past 16 years, Project WHY has evolved its programmatic focus in response to the learnings and changing ground realities with an aim to achieve its mission.
Areas of Focus
- EDUCATION – A comprehensive quality after-school educational support curriculum that encompasses not only academic goals but also promotes strong moral character, respect for all, and professional career guidance. In addition, investment in experiential learning provided for a better mix of holistic development.
- EMPOWER – The women skill training model of Project WHY rests on the premise that it would portend change, leading to more empowerment till they ultimately are in the position to take responsibility and control of their own lives. With a skill training curriculum for employability and basic education, provides women from the community the right to work and be a productive member of their community.
- EMPLOY – Right from its inception, Project WHY drew its Resource Persons from the community itself. Our policy is to seek, nurture and employ skills available within the community with an aim of finding local solutions to quality educational support. Many of our alumni have come back and now teach at the Project centres. Today, we are a team of 50 Resource Persons from the community and for 80% of them, Project WHY is the sole source of income in the family. Building the capacity of these resource persons is a crucial on-going requirement for effectiveness and relevance. Building linkages with organizations/ institutions that are involved in enhancing knowledge and skill level of after-school staff in a variety of areas – lesson plans, incorporating technology with academic teachings, making learning fun and others will be the focus.
- Building Sustainability: Through the year we have taken note and plan to improving our local fund flow and make it more long-term/ sustainable through more institutionalized support, long term engagement/agreements, and increasing the share of domestic funding, both individually and through CSR policies/employee engagement program as well as individual giving.
- Efficient Outreach Plan –The new framework of Project WHY program management will focus on increasing overall communication through improved system of reporting, capturing impact and best practices and building a social media presence. This would entail continuous interaction with our student alumni, volunteers and donors; and videos and reports would be synthesized on an ongoing basis in this new system. While this system is being developed and piloted, it is intended to include building an effective team of Resource Persons who would be competent in taking this forward.